Friday 8 October 2010

Storyboard - first draft

Here is a crudely draw storyboard to get some of my ideas on paper. I have decided to also take some still images on a digital camera, put them into final cut and put the soundtrack along with the pictures to see if the music will play well with the shots or not.
But here is a scanned image of the first draft of my storyboard, with captions underneath of what is happening in the shot:


As per usual, it will probably be easier if you click on the image, it should get bigger and clearer. Clicking again will zoom in even further, making the text easier to read.

The main idea of my film is that a couple are just filming themselves, making a home movie and on that particular day, things start to go very downhill into a massive slaughtering of the world.
I received most of my inspiration from the film Cloverfield, where a group of people are filming a party when the monster attacks. I watched Cloverfield and the trailer for it many times over (as well as other films for research, of course!) to get the main conventions and to try and include lots of shots that they have used.
Now, obviously because it's a horror film I will probably need death, however I am not too sure at this time what/who will be the killer. I want the teaser to be like Cloverfield in the way that at the end, a clip of the couple shows up again before the even happened. I plan to make it more obvious and more often, though. I want the teaser to switch between the couple, when everything is fine, introduce the horror aspect and end up in the panicked scenes, finishing with some sort of image of death. I've drawn a pool of blood on the floor, so that is the idea I will test out first, but I may adapt that idea after seeing it with everything else.
That is the basic idea I have for my teaser trailer, so I'll see how it goes.

With these ideas in my head, I can start to piece together ideas of how my teaser trailer would eventually develop into a theatrical trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment