Monday 28 February 2011

A bit of editing

I edited this chosen picture and came up with three different styles. Below are the ideas I had.

 



I liked the sort of oval shaped lighting effect that is common with these edits. I found it while working on the first one and carried it through to the others.

The picture on the left is just the lighting effect. The middle has a 'dark strokes' effect added, which makes it seem more dark and sinister.. The last has a 'diffuse glow' effect that really brightens the picture and makes the people stand out inside the oval lighting.

I decided to do my first magazine draft with the left picture to see what everything looks like together with the mast head and other texts.
I will most likely decide to use a different picture or use a completely different picture effect if I find a better one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment