Wednesday 9 February 2011

My design

Instead of just copying an existing magazine I decided to sort of design my own. I had a logo I used in an enterprise week a couple of years ago for a film club I also thought of, called 'Reel Time', that would work well with a bit more professional editing of it as a mast head.
I already had a mast head ready, in that case, but I decided to keep to a similar page layout as an empire magazine so I had references to make when placing things.
Also to solve this problem I will use my knowledge from experiences in the past and from my coursework last year that I will make a flat plan, as it helps a lot.
Below is a scan of my drawn flat plan:

Sadly, the scanner kept cutting the edges off. The only major things missing are the boxes in the top left stating the price, issue number and date etc.

The bit on the right that has been cut off says:
"+plus exclusive interview with Quentin Thomas, the president of the BBFC, about classification!"

The mast head of the front cover says 'Reel Time'.

I went and took some pictures for this front cover, the next post will show the pictures I took.












The reason why I have decided to design my own magazine cover as opposed to following a generic design from Empire or Little White Lies is because of the publicity for the film. Empire and Little White Lies mainly publish mainstream films that will be/have been successful in the box office and generally feature films that will bring them a lot of money too. But my film is not played by anyone famous and would be an independent, low budget film. Therefore if I create my magazine I can justify this concern and say that the magazine is also an independently published magazine that features less mainstream films.

No comments:

Post a Comment