Tuesday 15 March 2011

Carrying on with the magazine

I made the changes I suggested on the last post: moving the star and adding a drop shadow.
I also carried forward the point about it not looking like a magazine cover and added a banner to the bottom of the page, along with a bar code:

I think this looks a lot better. it looks more like a magazine cover now than it first did.
The only thing that immediately springs to mind now is that there is too much red. Everything on the page has some sort of red in it. In terms of colour schemes, from my research I noticed that msot magazine covers have 2-3 colours on them. I have used 2 really, red and white (the blackness doesn't really count as it's a standard colour. The colours of the picture also don't count from what I've seen in my research).

To make the page less plain and to also separate the star from the rest of the page, I will probably change the colour of the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment