Friday 4 March 2011

A feedback session

My whole media class, who are all just 18 and therefore predominantly my target audience, had a feedback session. They all sat and watched my teaser trailer and then gave me some feedback on what they liked and their comments on it.
Below is a video of the feedback I got from them and comments below it of my opinion on them, whether I will carry out the change they suggested and what I agree/disagree with.



I will analyse the points in the order that they are said:
The first comment was that they would actually want to see the full film if I was making it, which is really good news. It means my teaser trailer was successful.

I was also told the cutting was good, but there was a lot of black. I knew what he meant by this so I will go away and shorten all the parts where there are no images. However one comment was that in the shot where the girl is dragged down the corridor, you can still see her foot at the end. I will have to cut it a bit sooner while she is still being dragged so it doesn't stand out as much.

They seemed to be confused about what the shot was where the white and red thing hits the camera. As I explained, this was my brother in a blood stained shirt. I didn't mind this though, despite what they thought it was, because I wanted my teaser trailer to be one of those ones that you have to see more than once to really get what it all means. This is the same with the shot of the couple kissing with the strange character again with a blood stained shirt in the background. We did watch my trailer more than once and on the second or third time people were actually saying "oh I never noticed that before!", which is exactly what I wanted with my teaser trailer. It gets people enticed and wanting to see it.
This point is then sort of carried forward with "it makes me wonder what the film will be about".

The next part is quite interesting. Louis states that he thinks he's at a loss. Although he enjoyed the teaser trailer and he knows it will scare him, he seemed to think that he may not have seen enough to want to see the film. However Liz then carries on saying that it is just the teaser trailer and not the full trailer, so there would be more footage to come. People seemed to agree with this and again goes to show that my teaser trailer was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment