Wednesday 1 December 2010

A busy busy day...

Luckily, the school had a 'digging deeper day' today, which means five hours of media! (Woo!)
Within these five hours, the whole class had a sit down to show each other our rough teaser trailers.
Due to my hard working nature, I had an almost finished cut of my teaser.
Some of the comments I got included:

"There is a lot of areas in the teaser where it is just black and nothing is happening." - I could easily rectify this by closing the gaps between shots. It's not so much that there are gaps, it's more that the handles of shots sometimes go on for too long.

"There is a little bit too much footage after the last inter-title." - I could see where they were coming from from my research of teasers. Most teasers that do include inter-titles only have one or two more shots after the last inter-title, sometimes not any shots. I re-jumbled the order and put the last 'survive' inter-title in between the 'dark' shot and the 'blood' shot at the end, finishing with the 'blood' shot.


"The inter-titles sometimes get cut." - To change this, I did the inter-titles again in a program called 'LiveType'. This is a program specifically designed to make inter-titles or regular titles. It was actually a lot easier and it worked well.




These were the only major comments that I got, a minor point was just volume levels, which I planned to do after I knew I had the teaser pretty much finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment